Friday, February 20, 2009

Enough of the Pleasantries

I've been invited to travel to Hong Kong on business.

I'm wondering if the trip is absolutely necessary. There is also an ethics issue. I would be writing a story or maybe even several stories based on this trip, but I don't have to lay down dollar one for this experience (and neither does my company, for that matter).

I'm also curious to know if anywhere in Hong Kong takes American Express.

How much English is spoken over there, as I don't have time to brush up on my Chinese linguistics.

If I get mugged and someone hits me over the head and I lose my memory and end up traveling the country, learning the mystic art of kung fu and getting into strange adventures for years and years, will I finally lose some weight?

When a craving for Chinese food hits, do I really have a craving for Chinese food, or is it just "food" over there?

These are the thoughts that keep me from going.

No comments: